(Indian Ocean - Maldives )
*Inc all flights, 7 nights reserve beach villa (premium all inclusive) & 6 dive package
- Laid back luxury with wide range of rooms options to suit all
- Premium all inclusive package as standard
- Water sports, sport centre, spa and local excursions
- Glorious uninterrupted ocean views around island resort
Recently redesigned and restyled, Kihaad is a friendly, relaxing island resort in Baa atoll. Specialising in laid back luxury, Kihaad has everything on site to make your dream trip to the Maldives a reality. We especially love its location right by the famous Hanifaru Bay, a UNESCO biosphere. Each summer manta follow plankton streams into the bay and onto the surrounding reefs. Enjoy the diving or simply stroll along the 600 meter long white sandy beach that surrounds the whole resort. All of this lies only a 20 minute flight and short boat ride from Male. Kihaad Resort is comprised of 124 private villas, spread around the island's coastline. Spacious and bright, the villas at Kihaad have been specifically designed to meet the friendly and comfortably private feeling of the resort. All Villas are equipped with LED TV connecting to the Internet, tea and coffee-making facilities, shower amenities, air conditioning system, and complimentary WIFI connection. I-pod docking stations and DVD players are available on request. The resort has no less than 10 different room grades. We have selected our most popular room options, but if there is not one that suits your needs, please just speak to your travel consultant. There are 48 reserve beach villas (77sm). These are set back from the beach front with a large spacious bedroom and king bed, outdoor bathroom with rain shower, bath tub and your own private deck with beach chairs. The lagoon prestige beach villas are larger (89sm) than the reserve beach villas, but feature an outdoor bathroom and spacious bedroom with an added sitting area. To complete your Maldives experience, why not upgrade to a waterfront beach villa (77sm) with private pool. These feature a large living room with separate bedroom (king bed), outdoor rain show, separate shower, bath tub, private patio with beach chairs and your own plunge pool overlooking the ocean. The water villas are one of the largest option (150spm). These are an ideal option for anyone wanting total privacy with a large bedroom with king bed, living area, and outdoor plunge pool. A few steps and you are in the Indian Ocean. Sheer bliss! With a premium all inclusive package as standard, Kihaad does not disappoint food and drink lovers. A popular spot to enjoy the sunset is the Hanfaru Bay restaurant, serving a European and Pan Asian buffet. Spices restaurant offers a-la-carte sub-continent gourmet cuisine, zinging with all the freshly grown peppers, herbs and spices grown on the island. Or why not head to the Sarong restaurant for open air dining. Right nearby is the poolside Toddy Bar whilst the Chiringuito bar is famed for its cocktails, drinks, fruit skewers and home made ice-cream. Why not opt for in villa dining or a private beach dinner for that special occasion (local charges apply). The KSpa is a serene sanctuary of calm, offering a full range of spa services. More active guests will love the tennis courts. There is a kid's club for the youngest visitors, or simply head to the pool for a splash around overlooking the ocean. Wherever you are on the island, the white sand beach is never far away. Enjoy the 360° coastal views. It's hard to resist the stunning blue waters for long. There are plenty of areas for great snorkelling or why not join the dive centre on a led snorkelling excursion. There's even a morning excursion to watch dolphins. Jet skis and canoes are also available for hire alongside daily diving.
- Rooms: 124
- Fridge: Yes
- Room safe: Yes
- A/C: Yes
- Pools: 1
- Restaurants: 5
Dive Centre Facts
- Dive Centre: On site
- Dive Courses: PADI
- House Reef: Yes
- Boat Diving: Yes
- Shore Diving: No
- Nitrox: Yes
- Tech Friendly: No
- Season: All year
- Air Temp: 25 - 29 C
- Water Temp: 27 - 31 C
- Visibility: 20 - 30m
- Airport: 120km
- Prime location close to Hanifaru Bay
- 1 large, spacious dive boat with plenty of space - fresh towels & soft drinks available on board
- Free nitrox for certified divers
- Over 50 dive sites accessible by boat
- High quality Cressi diving and snorkelling kit to rent Hanifaru Bay is one of the undeniable hlighlights from Kihaad. This can be a manta mecca during the summer months. Peak counts have been as high as 250 individuals in the lagoon at once! Whalesharks can also be seen, following the plankton. As this is a protected area, local charges apply to visit here and you can only snorkel with the manta. But there is much more than simply Hanifaru. There are several excellent thillas (submerged reefs) on the Eastern side of Baa atoll. Dhonfanu thila is especially well known and loved by divers, with big balls of bait fish swirling around. Clown fish hide in their anemones while morays dart in and out of the reef tops. Manta are often seen on the neighbouring Baa reefs when not in Hanifaru. Turtles are also seen in abundance around the local thillas. There are even a couple of cave systems to dive! Baa's sites are a refreshing tonic if you want to get away from some of the busier sites around Ari and Male atolls. A typical day at Kihaad starts in the morning, heading out on the dive boat. Usually there are 2 dives before the boat returns to resort for the morning. The boat then goes out in the afternoon - divers are welcome to join this trip, which also takes snorkellers out on an guided tour. Simply chat to the dive centre to arrange 3rd dives.
- 1 days diving from: Price on request
- 3 days diving from: Price on request
- 5 days diving from: Price on request
- PADI open water referral from: Price on request
- PADI open water course from: Price on request
- PADI advanced course from: Price on request
- Nitrox Specialty from: Price on request
- Other courses available on request
- Full set (Mask, Fins, BCD, Reg and wetsuit): Price on request
Diving Rates & Prices
If you pre-book your diving as part of a holiday package with Scuba Travel you can take advantage of our special rates and make considerable savings on your dive package or dive course at Kihaad.
Scuba Diving Courses
These prices are subject to change and you will be advised of the exact cost at the time of booking.
Stunning! Breathtaking beaches, wonderful staff and wonderful snorkelling! Janella Merritt
From time to time the resort and dive centre hosts a unique one off dive event. These will focus on a specific area of diving, covering a wide range of topics from underwater photography, technical diving, explore wrecks or conservation themed.
These special events are a brilliant way to learn from the accompanying experts (often a famous face!), improve your knowledge, develop new dive skills and of course, get to dive some of the most exciting destinations out there.
Make your next dive holiday that bit different!
We are also able to offer some discounts on specific dates if available - Those will show in red
Sort results by:
Let one of our diving holiday experts tailor-make a dream diving holiday for you. Simply fill in your details below and we will get back in touch with you with a full quote and suggestions for your next adventure.
Spacious, bright and secluded villas at Kihaad have been specifically designed to meet the friendly and comfortably private feeling of the resort. All villas are equipped with LED TV connecting to the Internet, tea and coffee-making facilities, shower amenities, air conditioning system, and complimentary WIFI connection. I-pod docking stations are available on request.
Settled on wooden stilts directly over the smooth turquoise lagoon of the Island, the Water Villa is the perfect accommodation to offer seclusion and total privacy. Featuring a spacious and bright ambience, the Water Villa is composed of a wide bedroom with king size bed, comfortable living area, spacious bathroom plus a picturesque outdoor ocean view private pool.
Waterfront Beach Villa with Pool
This new villa category is well situated from the other villas, shared by only up to two other rooms on the same level. The terrace for Waterfront Beach Villas is private and is not shared by neighboring guests from the other room categories. The room features a large living area, separate bedroom with a comfortable king size bed, a bathroom with outdoor rain shower, separate shower and bath tub and an external wooden patio equipped with beach chairs perfect for admiring the infinity ocean.
Lagoon Prestige Beach Villa
Settled on the first row, with direct view and easy access to the beach, the Lagoon Prestige Beach Villa features a spacious bedroom with sitting area, a bathroom with outdoor rain shower, separate shower and bath tub and an external patio area with direct ocean view and access to the beach.
Reserve beach villa
The reserve beach villas are characterised by a spacious bedroom with a comfortable king size bed, a bathroom with outdoor rain shower, separate shower and bath tub and an external wooden patio equipped with beach chairs perfect for admiring the ocean.