- Northern Red Sea itinerary for all dive and photo experience levels
- Onboard photo pro Duxy
- Timed for seasonal schools at Ras Mohammed
- Varied range of subject matter in stunning light
- 1:1 tuition and group presentations
The Red Sea Photography itinerary with Duxy will take your underwater photography to the next step. Our photo itineraries are not about flashy kit or spending a small fortune to get great results... No matter if you are a complete beginner with a camera, or more experienced photographer that wants to hone a particular skill, Duxy will make developing your photography fun! Armed with his hints, tips and help, you too can take photos that sparkle. There will be daily presentations, opportunities for 1:1 sessions and even assistance with photo editing (Lightroom & Photoshop).
The Northern Red Sea is one of the best photo destinations with undeniably vibrant reefs, a wide range of macro subjects and outstanding wide angle opportunities. Discover the schooling snapper, barracuda and bat fish at Yolanda's drop off. Dive the luscious coral gardens of Jackson or Thomas in Tiran. Multiple dives on sites really makes a difference. Hunt out some of those rarer sightings (did you know there is an ornate ghost pipe fish at Jackson?). Massive morays, stone fish, cardinals, nudibranch... Gubal, the Ulysses, Kingston wreck.. These are just some of the excellent sites for photographers. Then there are the wrecks too. The Thistlegorm, Giannis D and Carnatic are endlessly photogenic. Just jump in and enjoy. Our trips are scheduled for the maximum variety of subjects and when the conditions are optimum with long days and lots of light. The warm water and great viz just make the photography all the more satisfying. Careful attention is paid to the selection and timing of dive sites so you can really conquer specific aspects of your photography.
Please note our 15th November trip will be run by Flippers n Fins resident photo pro Mario
- Average Water Temp: 19 - 28 C
- Average Air Temp: 19 - 35 C
- Average Visability: 15 - 25m
- Good for: Dedicated photo itinerary brings home real results
- Suitable for beginners: Yes
- This is a great course for anyone interested in underwater photography (or if you are just not feeling confident about using your camera!). Duxy will cover the basic principles to get you up and running in no time, as well as more advanced techniques for experienced shooters. Use the TakeItEasy method to demystify the techniques needed to enable you to take home some great shots. We pick this time in mid summer as there will be no shortage of great subject matter to shoot, from impressive wrecks to huge schools of fish
- "The food was excellent and the birthday cakes the cook made for us both were excellent."Steve Evans
- "The trip was great. I was very happy indeed with how it all went. Boat and crew excellent as always. Dive guides first class and diving wonderful. Thank you!."Photo Expert Alex Mustard
- "Fantastic week diving. All dive sites were amazing, good food and hospitality from all the staff. Deffo will be back again."Matt Elliman"
This is a typical example of the Red Sea Photography itinerary. The schedule is subject to change according to prevailing weather conditions and is only given as a example of what you would usually encounter during your holiday.
One of the big advantages of joining a dedicated photo itinerary is the flexibility! Our on board pros will usually opt to focus on an area for multiple dives. Depending on how the shots are going and how much divers are enjoying a site, you will have the chance to repeat dive sites - shoot the same subject in different light or go back in and try again those shots that were not quite picture perfect. You might not cover as many dive sites in a week but the chance to repeat sites means you can really hone shots you are proud of.
As individual trips can vary on their focus, please speak to your travel consultant for more specific info about the proposed highlights.
The Northern Photo trips broadly follow the Wrecks & Reefs itinerary, starting in Sharm and covering Ras Mohammed, Tiran, Ab Nuhas, Gubal and everything in between. The Alternatives, Jackson and Shark And Yolanda are exceptionally good dives for photographers and many trips spend several days here. Some trips may not cross over to Abu Nuhas so if you are really interested in wreck photography (eg. Carnatic) do consider joining our dedicated Get Wrecked Photo itinerary.
Are you part of a group that loves photography? Why not speak to Caroline about taking a full charter. We can custom build your photo itinerary and bring one of our pros on board to assist.
If you would like to add an extension, combine this with another product or tweak the itinerary give us a call so we can discuss your dream diving holiday.
Sort results by: